Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Rachel




This is my sister Rachel. She is brilliant, beautiful and funny. She also happens to live in Whales, UK right now and so when she came to visit in April I was thrilled. She spent a total of two weeks in St. George, with my parents, siblings, and me and my kids. She is a trooper as she put up with all the questions and attention with a smile on her face. She and I had the opportunity to cook dinners for the family, I learned some new things about cooking with Bordeaux, and we enjoyed walking and dancing with the kids.

We took advantage of our proximity to Zion National Park and Rachel, Laura and I hiked up Angels Landing one afternoon. It is my favorite place on earth, and I loved the experience. Clint and I climbed that mountain last year on our anniversary, and I was so happy to be back again. Rachel has many opportunities to hike around the grassy hills of England and so the climb wasn’t as taxing on her as it was on me. There is one part of the hike called Walters Wiggles, which being interpreted means, “certain death by heart attack to anyone who enters”……ok not really, but it felt like I was gonna die. It is always worth it though once I reach the top.

All good things must come to an end and I really didn’t want her to go, but the good news is that next time I see her it will be in Whales!

7 comments:

Lorena said...

Looks like fun...and you look extra pretty in that middle picture!

We're coming up for the 24th. Will you guys be around?

DeLana said...

Don't you just love having sisters. I only have one and it is fun to get together. She is only in Canada, but still far away. Good thing we have some awesome women in our neighborhood who are just like sisters.

Debra Christiansen Jacobson said...

Oh no! Angie and Heidi are going to be so bummed she was in town and they missed her. Just last week Heidi asked me if I wanted to go to the UK next spring. She's decided if we go we're crashing at Rachel's... maybe someone should let her know. lol

Clinton said...

Lorena,
We will be here for the 24th and would love to see your family!

Delana,
I love my sisters to death both blood related and all those sisters in heart!

Deb,
Don't you dare plan a trip to UK without me!

Lorena said...

Great! Just email me your phone number at seeleyfamily5@gmail.com. We'll call you when we get up there.

Colette said...

Its amazing how much all you sisters look alike-crazy!!! And I just LOVE the twin trouble post-you have to document these moments, because for now you are crying about it, but one day we will laugh about it!!!!

Amy Pratt said...

your sisters are so cute..just like you!