Monday, June 09, 2008

Twin Trouble






Ok, So I've been a little busy since......December.... I know that you will all give me some slack because I know that you know exactly what I'm doing on a daily basis. I do have a lot of catching up to do, and I will do it one post at a time so that I can upload some fun pictures to go with it. Plus I don't want to nauseate you with a 10 page post that takes 10 minutes to open. So I will start with the post that I know will have all your hearts melting in symapthy and awe for me as you imagine what daily life is like for me with five kids....two of them in their TERRIBLE TWOS! I have actually been able to capture some of the crazies with the camera:


One day I found Ethan and Laynie had discovered where I had stashed all the electronic cords to the playstation. I came downstairs and saw them both sitting in the drawer so as to have better access to all those interesting gadgets. It wasn't even a day later that I captured the picture of both the munchkins on the kitchen table, surrounded by an entire box of cheerios that had been emptied. I'm sure that they were thinking..."we can hold more cheerios in our hands if we empty the box and spread them out!" I know that scenes like this are very common for all of us mothers who have young ones, but for some reason when you put two little minds together they are more creative and always smarter than I am! They are also always one step ahead of me! No matter where I hide the crayons and markers, the babies always seem to be able to find them! No matter how many baby gates I put up, they always find a chair to climb on and go over it. I'm amazed that we havn't had any serious poisoning accidents!


They love to go outside. I know that it is so good for them to play outside and have the fresh air and to see the beautiful trees and the sky and....... I also know that it is not good for them to get run over by a car! When they start running away from me, which one am I supposed to run after first? They never, ever run off in the same direction, almost like they plan it......"I'll run this way and you run that way and we'll have a better chance of escasping the old bat!" One day I was astonished at how fast Laynie got away from me and by the time I had her back on the front lawn, Ethan was down the next block standing in the middle of the street, looking at me. Thank heavens for the older kids who help out in moments like that. Burk has been especially helpful as he was home for half the day while Nate and Mikah were in school all day.


All three of the older kids show an enormous amount of love and patience for those cute little ones, and they remind me on a daily basis...........I am so blessed.

4 comments:

barterboutique said...

I can only imagine what it's like having 2 in the terrible twos! I can only handle one--kinda.

Jen said...

I do understand how busy things get, and I don't have twins. I'm sure it's even crazier for you. Brian climbs on everything, like he's not already tall enough to reach everything anyway. Keep up the good work!

A said...

Awesome! I love seeing what I have to look forward to, or rather the stories of mischief that have occurred while I was away and safe at work!

Lorena said...

Yeah...I think I blocked out the part about having 3 who were in the Terrible Twos because I just remember it as wonderful. I know I'm in denial.