Monday, July 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan and Elayna






Well, here we are and another year has past! The kids have grown soooo much! Just this morning Clint and I were talking about how it was when the babies were brand new......I'm glad that we are where we are today! (Even though I'm frequently heard saying that the kids are kicking my trash because they run me to the ground everyday!) Ethan and Laynie were born on July 21st, 2006. Going into the hospital, I was 36 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I looked like I was carrying two average sized adults in my midsection. Laynie was first to be born at 7:40 and she weighed 5lbs, 14ounces. Ethan was delivered next and there was an audible gasp in the room because of his size, 7lbs, 2ounces! Soon after that we found ourselves in the whirlwind of taking care of twins, which we had done once before, and life has sped by! That first year was full of bottles, poopy diapers, constipation, diaper rash, (are you sensing a theme here?) Spit-up, smiles, giggles, and tears. This last year has been full of the same minus the bottles and add in screaming, laughing, nap times, story times, toys, toys and more toys. Who knows what the next year will bring, but I'm glad it's upon us.


We get asked all the time if Clint and I have used fertility drugs and /or fertility treatments because of the multiples in our family. I always want to answer with a raised eybrow and an "are you joking?." I never do because all kidding aside and even though we would not have chosen this in the begginning, knowing what was ahead of us, we would not trade these two beautiful spirits for anything. They have touched and blessed our family and I know that Heavenly Father knows what he is doing! His hand is evident in our lives and we trust in Him. Sometimes it's a challenge, but we say....."bring it on!"

7 comments:

A said...

You guys are awesome! And the twins look great! We NEED to talk more and listen to the wisdom of experience. We are just about to hit 7 months, and we have begun to talk about the next possible additions... We are afraid to ask our fertility Dr. if our 2 frozen embryos are frozen together or separate. Twins are awesome and so fun, but oh my heck... Will we ever sleep for an 8 hour period again?

Amy Pratt said...

you truly inspire me with your love and patience...and your positive upbeat attitude!! Just love the heck out of you guys! (OK that sounded very Utah mormon hick) sorry...anyway...the twins are so sweet and can't wait to watch 'em grow up even more!

barterboutique said...

Time flies when you're havin' fun!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TWINERS!!!

Rachel said...

I have no idea how you manage two toddlers & still seem so put together. I feel like pulling my hair out pretty much all day long every day, and I only have one little one.

Happy Birthday!

Lorena said...

We're here in town. Email me at seeleyfamily5@gmail.com. We're planing our Utah Valley day for Saturday and would love to meet you guys for lunch or something.

The Curtis Family said...

Hi - I'm a friend of Colette (Steward) Robertson's and just found your cute blog through hers... your twins are beautiful! I have 2 year old b/g twins too (they'll be 3 in November). Ain't it fun? I was cracking up at the Cheerio picture. Looks like my house.

Anyway, just wanted to pipe in with a congrats on another year and a "hang in there" from one mom of terrible-two-twins to another :).

Kate

Anonymous said...

They are so darling! I can't believe they are already a year old.