Thursday, December 11, 2008

Monster Tree


After our Thanksgiving vacation spent in St. George, Clint, the kids and I hauled out the 13 foot box which holds our "monster" 9 foot christmas tree. We really could have used a fork lift to carry it up the stairs from the basement. Fortunatley, Clint has huge muscles and so we didn't need to call our home teachers to assist us. Laynie was feeling the spirit of the season in this cute little outfit!

Ethan and Laynie enjoying a moment in front of the tree. Thier new favorite past time? Turning the tree lights on and off........all day......every day.
Mikah's beautiful face...she loves everything Christmas!
Mikah and her friend Alli at the Festival of Trees. These two share the same passion for ballet. Mikah and I are going to see the Nutcracker ballet this year with Alli and her Mom.

Another shot of Mikah with Burk. Some years I am picky about the placement of the ornaments on the tree, but this year I have surrendered to the chaos and let the ornaments "fall where they may". I haven't rearranged them, and I'm still smiling about it. Revelation for me: Not everything needs to look exactly how I want it to look. I'm constantly learning!



3 comments:

Vierig Family said...

Love the pictures of your cute family!!! My tree keeps getting rearranged & undecorated everyday too, so maybe by Christmas we won't have much work to put it away:)Gotta love those sweet kids!

jaclyn weist said...

So cute! Those pictures are fun. I got to be in Mikah's primary class on Sunday. What a fun class they are! And she comes up with some really good questions! Your kids are so fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Hansens! I miss you guys. Love the pics, Tam. Tell everyone hello. Hope you are having a fantastic season, although it looks like you are. Twins #2 are growing up fast. Tell everyone Merry Christmas. Mikah looks gorgeous as a ballerina. Have fun at the Nutcracker. Miss you.
Rach